Sunday, June 17, 2012

How to Cry Out to the Lord

How to Cry Out to the Lord


Encouraging scriptures to cry out to the Lord.Crying out means to involve your mind, body, soul, your very being.Find your voice through scriptures that cry out to God.Crying out for the Presence of God in your life.What is the deepest need you have? Is your life falling apart? Are you grieving loss? Do you need healing and transformation in your life? Are you imprisoned? Are you experiencing trauma? Yearning for the Presence of the Lord is spoken about in the Bible.My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.Psalm 84.2.Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim You, who walk in the Light of Your presence, O Lord.Psalm 89.15.O Lord, the God who saves me, day and night I cry out to You.Psalm 88.1.Use your own words.Your words might be as simple as, "Hear me, come to me.I need you.Be with me." Your words might be silent and even without form.It is a matter of turning your attention to the Lord who loves you.You are a dearly loved child of God.Are you troubled by your past? I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills His purpose for me.He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends His love and His Faithfulness.Psalm 57.2,3.What are your words? Help me.I can't stand this anymore.Or?The Lord's Prayer.Pray the words that Jesus gave us and allow the Holy Spirit to inspire you with new words and phrases for the traditional ones.You will be surprised what you learn, how you are helped.Write the words down in your journal.You will be led to many places in the Bible and to many names for God.The Power of Breath Prayers.When I was a hospice chaplain I helped individuals find their own Breath Prayer.Helen was one such person.She was in a nursing home.She was angry and nasty to anyone who entered her room, her sons, the aids, and visitors.Yet she asked for the hospice chaplain to come and visit her.I entered her room, and she yelled, "Sit down and behave yourself!" I sat down and remained silent.Helen eyed me thoughtfully and asked, "How do I get to God?" I calmly walked to her side."When you pray or think of God, what name do you use?" "God" she responded."Helen, imagine that God is standing next to you and he asks what you want.How do you answer?" She paused, "I want to be with You.".You can pray, "God, I want to be with You.This is a prayer that you pray as you breathe in and out.When someone enters your room you pray this prayer and when you look at the time.Is there anything you want to change or add to this prayer?"."Yes.God I want to be with you always.".A few weeks later I learned that Helen died peacefully and her attitude changed.She even was reconciled to her sons.

How to Cry Out to the Lord



0 comments:

Post a Comment