Sunday, September 16, 2012

Experiencing God's Presence - Walk

Experiencing God


In Luke 10.38-42, Mary "sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said." But Jesus isn't available in just one location.God is everywhere (Jeremiah 23.24; Psalm 139.7,8).So theoretically, everywhere I go, I can be connected to God.In Luke 10, I find I can experience the presence of God when I sit.In Joshua 1.9, God told Joshua he could experience the presence of God while he was on the go."Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1.9).Sometimes this connection is referred to as "walking with God." I no longer have to just sit at Jesus feet and listen to what He says, but I can walk along and talk to Him just like I would with any friend.Enoch was the first man recognized as walking with God.Genesis 5.24 says "Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away." The general consensus is that Enoch was so close to God that God brought Enoch to heaven to be with Him.If this conclusion is correct, walking with God is a very good thing!The prophet Micah reinforces it's a "good thing" when he says, "He has showed you, O man, what is good.And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6.8) It's a good thing to walk humbly with my God.I believe this concept is as simple as moving through life acknowledging God is moving right along with me, side-by-side.I can talk to Him.I can listen to Him.I can ask for His help with difficult problems I encounter.I can ask for His advice when I am trying to make a decision.Just like I can with any human friend who my be moving through life with me.I also think the concept of walking with God has deeper meanings.Including. 1.It's good to walk with God rather than to walk alone.2.It's better to walk with God rather than with someone else.3.It's better to walk with God in the direction He is going.

Experiencing God



0 comments:

Post a Comment